Meet our beach volleyball coaches:
South County Juniors Volleyball Club
- Coach Sara Anoushin is entering her first season of outdoor volleyball with South County after completing her second year indoors. Sara has been playing volleyball since she was 12 years old playing club volleyball and then for the North Kingstown Girls volleyball team. She has been instrumental in leading her team to the state finals in 2015 and 2016. Along with working with the U12s this past winter, Sara also worked with the instructional group, teaching the skills and laying a foundation for the players beginning the sport of volleyball.
- Coach Chris Batzinger has just finished his first indoor season with South County Volleyball and is entering his second season with the beach program. An All-State player at North Kingstown, Chris went on to the University of New Hampshire where he was a 3 year captain, and helped his team to two top-5 finishes nationally while earning an All-NCVF Nationals Tournament Team award in 2008.
His coaching career began in New Hampshire for a few years before he came back to Rhode Island. He is currently the boys JV coach for North Kingstown High School.
- Coach Garrett Bucklin is going into his first season with South County Volleyball. Garrett played at North Kingstown and was a two-time, First-Team All-State selection in 2013 and 2014, earning MVP awards in 2014 as well as a State Championship. Garrett is currently playing college volleyball at Rivier University and will enter his senior year in the fall. His junior year was capped off with a GNAC Defensive Player of the Year award. In addition to a successful indoor career, Garrett is one of the top beach players in the region, making numerous finals appearances at the highest level of men’s beach volleyball.
- Coach Franki Darnold has just finished her first season of coaching indoor with South County Volleyball and is excited to bring her expertise to the outdoor season. A native of California, Franki has played volleyball at a high level since she was 12 years old. After high school, she went on to have a successful, 4 year, Division 1 career as an Outside Hitter for URI. Franki continues to play volleyball indoors and outdoors.
Franki is currently working on her Master’s Degree at URI and is working with the women’s team as a part of their coaching staff.
- Coach Dave DeJesus is entering his first beach season after coaching both boys and girls during the indoor season. As a player, Dave was player for the 2005 state championship Bishop Hendricken team. After his high school career, Dave went on to play for Rhode Island College.
Dave has been a staple of local camps and clinics, primarily coaching at the North Kingstown Volleyball Camp for many years. He was an assistant coach at North Kingstown in 2007. Along with coaching volleyball, Dave also coaches middle school soccer.
- Coach Jake Eland is entering his second season as a South County beach coach. Jake played for Bishop Hendricken High School before going on to play college volleyball at the University of New Hampshire. His UNH team competes at a high level regionally and nationally.
Frank Field IV
- Coach Frank Field is entering his first season as a South County Volleyball coach. As a player, Frank competed for the Coventry High School volleyball team that won a state championship in 2013, earning First-Team honors as well as MVP honors for the regular season and post season. After his high school career, Frank went on to play for the University of Rhode Island, captaining the team for two of his four years. He has earned All-NECVL honors and has lead his team to multiple high finishes in regional and national championships. Frank continues to play volleyball both at a local and national level.
- Coach Kelli Hingerton is entering her first beach season after completing her first indoor season with South County Volleyball. Kelli played volleyball throughout middle school and high school in the Long Island, New York area.
Kelli graduated from the University of Rhode Island as a Kinesiology major with the focus on Physical Education. Along with coaching for South County, Kelli also coached the boys volleyball team at Westerly High School.
- Coach Sebastian Noordzy is entering his second beach season after finishing his second indoor season at South County. Sebastian was an All-State player at Bishop Hendricken High School, helping the team win two State Championships in 2010 and 2011. Sebastian continued playing collegiately at the University of Rhode Island where he served as team captain for two years. Sebastian is currently a graduate student at the University of Rhode Island, working towards his Master’s Degree. He continues to play at a high level, both indoors and outdoors.
Along with South County Volleyball, Sebastian also coached the Exeter-West Greenwich Boys Volleyball team and is currently the Assistant Coach at South Kingstown High School.